The effects of stress aren’t just emotional; they take a physical toll, too. We often think of back pain as a symptom of a sports injury or accident. In reality, it’s often caused by anxiety.
Everyone feels stress. But if you learn how to manage that stress with care and intention, you can protect your body from pain – and make each day a happier one, too!
5 Ways to Combat Stress
We encounter things that create stress every day – in our personal lives, in our careers, and even in our recreational time. But a few tips and tricks can help you keep anxiety at bay, and your health on your own terms.
- Get active. A walk around the block. A rec soccer team. A solo hike. No matter what strikes your fancy, give yourself time to invest in healthy activity each week.
- Buy a water bottle. Staying hydrated is one of the best ways to maintain high energy. Most people drink less than half the daily recommended amount of water. A way to combat that: keep a bottle of water close at hand.
- Unplug. Even the presence of our phone is proven to contribute to stress. Put your phone in a drawer – even if only for an hour – and give yourself permission to disconnect for a little while.
- Invest time in something you love. Reading, painting, listening to music, watching movies. Give yourself time each day to do what you love – Without distractions – or guilt!
- Pay attention. We often stress our body, and we don’t even realize it. Take a moment to visualize your body and relax your muscles.
Chiropractic Care Treats Back Pain
We’ve chatted about preventative care to ensure stress doesn’t take a toll on your body. But what do you do if the back pain has already got the best of you?
That’s why chiropractic care is for. Our specialists in Raleigh will map out a treatment plan that will help you reclaim your body, your health, and your wellbeing. Call today to get yourself back on track!