That sharp pain is more than an inconvenience. It’s uncomfortable and sometimes downright debilitating. Our team is here to provide professional chiropractic care that will get your life back on track.
Symptoms of Pinched Nerves
A pinched nerve has a broad spectrum of symptoms – it can trigger everything from mild discomfort to debilitating pain. Most clients come to us with:
- A chronic “pins and needles” sensation
- Sharp pains and aches
- The “falling asleep” feeling in your limbs
- Weakened muscles
The Risk of Untreated Pinched Nerves
When life gets busy, it can be startlingly easy to put self-health on the back burner. But an untreated pinched nerve comes with implications that can affect your physical and mental wellbeing. This includes:
- Nerve damage: If your pinched nerve doesn’t receive treatment, the unrelenting pressure can cause permanent damage.
- Reflex loss and movement restriction: Nerve damage can compromise your body’s ability to respond reflexively. It also limits your capacity for natural movement.
- Muscle atrophy: Pinched nerves affect your body’s ability to move with ease. This restriction means that your muscles aren’t getting regular use. With untreated pinched nerves, the effect can be debilitating.
How to “Fix” Pinched Nerves
First off, a disclaimer: We reject the word “fix!” This implies that we’re forcing your body to re-align itself in a way that is rushed and unhealthy.
Instead, we re-train your body to repair its strength and resilience. Using chiropractic care, we deliver a range of solutions that include:
- Rest: Sometimes, your body just needs time to recharge and reset. Our team will provide recommendations on how you can adjust your lifestyle to give your body space to heal.
- Exercise: No, this doesn’t mean that you should run for the nearest treadmill. Our chiropractic care team will hand-pick a range of muscle strengthening exercises that will help to restore resilience to your body.
- Massage Therapy: Sometimes, massage therapy can help your body heal. Our team will deliver the tailored care you need to pursue this treatment path safely and productively.
A pinched nerve can bring your mobility and comfort to a screeching halt. But when you get support from our chiropractic care team in Raleigh, you can count on a holistic and speedy solution!