The Right Wavelengths
Make All the Difference
RED LIGHT THERAPY IN DOWNTOWN RALEIGH
What is Light Therapy?
Light therapy harnesses the healing power of natural light, which stimulates your cells to regenerate faster and produce more energy, resulting in a wide range of clinically-documented health benefits.
A light therapy device uses LEDs to deliver doses of safe, therapeutic red, and near-infrared light to your body. It’s completely non-invasive, painless, and natural. Most people find light therapy to be pleasurable and experience at least some acute boost in mood and energy after each session.
The Right Wavelengths Make All the Difference
Red and near-infrared light therapy use a very specific range of wavelengths within the natural light spectrum (660nm to 850nm). A wealth of clinical research shows this range of light is highly beneficial at the cellular level. Light therapy delivers these therapeutic wavelengths without harmful heat or UV rays.
401 N West Street
Raleigh, NC 27603
Closed for lunch every day from 12pm - 2pm
How Does Light Therapy Work?
Light therapy works at the cellular level. Photons of therapeutic red and near-infrared light are absorbed by the mitochondria in your cells, producing 2 major effects:
- More ATP energy: Light therapy increases adenosine triphosphate (ATP), the energy produced during cellular respiration that powers your cells (and indeed, all life on earth). More ATP means more energy and a healthier function.
- Enhanced cell signaling: Specific wavelengths of a light help to create a better oxidative environment in your cells. This results in the activation of numerous intracellular signaling pathways, increased protein synthesis, and enhanced cell cycle progression.
Clinically-Proven Health Benefits
Light therapy has been studied extensively. There’s a wealth of clinical research that shows numerous health benefits, with virtually no side effects. Here’s a sampling of documented benefits:
- Diminishes age spots, fine lines, & wrinkles
- Stimulates production of collagen and elastin
- Increases blood circulation
- Speeds muscle recovery to boost training & athletic performance
- Reduces joint pain & inflammation
- Speeds healing of wounds & injuries
- Boosts natural melatonin production & promotes healthy sleep
- Increases testosterone production in men
- Enhances mood, cognitive function, & mental clarity