A car accident is a shock to the system. But once you’ve recovered from the physical jolt – and the emotional one, too – it’s time to get organized for your health and wellbeing.
These steps serve as a baseline of action steps after a minor car accident. Remember, the first step is the simplest one and the most important: Ask for professional help.
1 Day After: Car Accident Injury Prevention Checklist
- Call your doctor. Even if your car accident is a minor one and you feel like you escaped injury-free, it’s a smart idea to get a check-up.
- Give yourself time to rest. A car accident is traumatic. Make sure that your body (and your brain!) have time to fully decompress in the hours and days after the accident.
- Listen to your body. As the dust begins to settle after your car accident injury, you’ll want to pay careful attention to the signs it’s giving you. Don’t count on yourself to remember them, either – make a running list in your phone. This will be useful for your chiropractic care specialists.
1 Week After: Injury Prevention Checklist
- Keep listening to your body. Make sure that you keep adding to – or editing – the list of symptoms your body is experiencing.
- Call your chiropractor. Chiropractic care is the most effective way to protect your body from post-accident trauma. It will also set yourself up for wellbeing in the long term.
- Give yourself time to recover. Recovery from a car accident injury doesn’t happen overnight. Be patient with yourself and give yourself time, space, and peace to heal.
Corrective Chiropractic hopes that we never have to see you for a car accident injury. But in the event of a collision or fender bender, our Raleigh chiropractic care specialists are here for you.